Healthcare Is a Human Right
- God proclaimed life good.
- Jesus healed the sick, the blind, the lame, the disturbed and the mentally ill.
- Albert Switzer found his place of service as a doctor in Lambaréné, now in Gabon, west central Africa (then French Equatorial Africa).
- The United Nations declared that Healthcare Is a Human Right. UN Declaration of Human Rights
- Mother Teresa invested her life among the poor and dying in Calcutta.
- The South Carolina Christian Action Council advocates that all of life is sacred. Sanctity of Human Life 1996
For several years, the SC Christian Action Council has advocated for the expansion of Medicaid in SC as part of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). A good source of information is SC Appleseed Center for Legal Justice.
Now we are asking Governor McMaster to tell our Congressional Delegation not to accept Block Grants for Medicaid funding.
Here are links which give facts about which this is important: